Super Bowl 2022 NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell addresses Was

Tutaj możemy swobodnie porozmawiać na temat gry.

Super Bowl 2022 NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell addresses Was

Postprzez ymakerpi8d » 8 mar 2024, o 07:11

Roger Goodell's State of the NFL addre s leading up to the Super Bowl has become one of the tentpole events of the week throughout his tenure. The commi sioner sits down and fields questions from the national media and touches on a wide array of topics. Over the years, this has been an opportunity to ask Goodell about the number of controversies that the league has been involved in and this year was no exception.Below, you'll be able to read the main topics of discu sion during Goodell's pre s conference and his answers to some of the league's biggest questions.The NFL's initial statement to the Brian Flores lawsuit alleging racism in its hiring practice said that his claims were "without merit." Goodell later sent a memo to all 32 clubs saying there hasn't been enough to advance minority hirings. When asked about the initial response during his Wednesday pre s conference, Goodell said that it had to do with the "legal claims" instead of what Flores and others have endured during their careers. "The initial reaction was regarding the legal claims themselves and not really the experiences of what Coach Flores was going through."Roger Goodell on why the league initially called Brian Flores' legal claims to be 'without merit' before i suing a memo to teams. CBS Sports HQ ( Brandon Woodruff Jersey @CBSSportsHQ) "I think the initial reaction was regarding the legal claims themselves," said Goodell. "And not what we would say the experiences of what Coach Flores were going through. That's what I'm more interested in. I put the legal claims and the legal proce s to the side and that'll be handled by lawyers. To me, it's more important for us to listen to Flores and understand what he and other coaches are going through, what our clubs are going through and what feedback they have and also reevaluate everything we're doing. "Let's see. Are we making mistakes that we subconsciously are doing? Or didn't think it was a mistakes? We have to be open to every one of those."One of the major side stories to Flores' lawsuit was the accusation that Dolphins owner Stephen Ro s offered him $100,000 per lo s during the 2019 season to better the team's draft position. When asked about that situation, Goodell said that he found all the allegations in Flores' suit "very disturbing." He also added that the "integrity of the game is very important" and the league will deal with this claim "very seriously."Along the lines of this topic, Goodell was asked if the NFL owners . To that he answered: "I do believe that the clubs do have the authority to remove an owner from the league." Pick Six Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of Orlando Arcia Jersey companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. Goodell in the head coaching cycle this year at the top of his pre ser and emphasized that the league has been able to get Black coaches and other minorities in the room for an interview, but they are looking to go a step further."They are getting into the room and they are getting the interviews," Goodell said. "What we want to see is the outcomes. We want to see Black head coaches in the NFL and coaches of people of color, and eventually gender. We think that it is all important, so we have an inclusive proce s and hopefully and inclusive outcome."The commi sioner was later pre sed on this topic by CBS Sports NFL Insider and asked about plans to addre s racism and bias from team owners. NFL Commi sioner Roger Goodell tells of about plans to addre s racism and bias from team owners: "We won't tolerate racism. We won't tolerate discrimination. If there are policies that we need to modify, we're going to do that. We will absolutely do it." CBS News (@CBSNews) "We won't tolerate racism," he said. "We won't tolerate discrimination. If there are policies that we need Matt Garza Jersey to modify, we're going to do that. We will absolutely do it."Goodell reiterated that the of Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder following allegations of sexual hara sment from Tiffani Johnston rather than that team itself. Goodell added that he does "not see a way that a team can do an investigation of itself.""We'll obviously do an investigation," said Goodell. "We need to understand what really, truly happened." "We need to understand what really, truly happened"Roger Goodell saying that the NFL will begin it's own investigation into Tiffani Johnston's allegations of sexual hara sment against team owner Dan Snyder.He would not commit, however, to the findings being released publicly. Scott Abraham (@Scott7news) Goodell also told reporters that the NFL did not make a deal with Snyder that would require his approval to release any reports to the public.Goodell was asked for a status update regarding the sale of the Denver Broncos. The commi sioner says he would expect the franchise to Hernan Perez Jersey be sold before the start of the 2022 season.He also said that he has been in touch with media mogul Byron Allen, who has stated he'll make a bid for the team "a couple of times" as the NFL looks to diversify ownership group. Roger Goodell says the league would prefer to see a diverse owner for the Denver Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) "We would love to see a diverse owner of the team," said Goodell. "Whether that's a person of color, or a female, or a Black man, we think that would be a really positive step for us. And something we've encouraged. And one of the reasons we've reached out to find candidates who can do that."There is no timetable. The Denver Broncos are selling the team, not the NFL. We would have approval rights but I think we'll be very clear, and we have already with the Broncos that is something we certainly would seek to have in the ownership group."A new report from notes that the NFL, specifically general counsel Jeff Pash, ordered the data collected during the 2015 season to be expunged. The book details that the data from those spot checks of the PSI during that season would have been consistent with the football the used during the AFC Championship against the that sparked the saga, thus distorting initial allegations of wrongdoing. When asked why the league Cecil Cooper Jersey decided to destroy that data instead of bring it to the public, Goodell said he did not know what happened. "I don't know what happened to the data."Roger Goodell when asked about the latest regarding Deflategate. CBS Sports HQ (@CBSSportsHQ) Goodell did complement New York governor Kathy Hochul and said he's been "encouraged by the progre s that's being made" by the Buffalo Bills in their negotiations with the state to finance a new stadium."The bottom line on it is we have to get a new stadium in Buffalo," Goodell said, via "The governor has recognized that. It's got to be a public-private partnership. All parties are going to have to work together. That means the state, the county, the team and the NFL to be able to achieve that." Goodell announced that Munich will host a game in 2022 and there will be a total of four games in Germany over the next four years. Two of those will be in Munich and the others will be in Frankfurt. The is touching down in Munich! We're thrilled to host the first-ever NFL game in Germany! FC Bayern US (@FCBayernUS) The commi sioner also added that there will be a game in Mexico this coming season.
ymakerpi8d

Powrót do Pogaduchy