What to make of Eagles-Browns preseason tie plus one thing t

Tutaj możemy swobodnie porozmawiać na temat gry.

What to make of Eagles-Browns preseason tie plus one thing t

Postprzez ymakerpi8d » 8 mar 2024, o 06:08

The only thing worse than a tie in the preseason is overtime, right? While an 18-all tie between the and didn't exactly kick off Week 2 of the preseason with a bang, I don't mind that the eliminated overtime in the preseason. It also didn't hurt that I had Browns +4, so I went to bed with a few more pennies in my pocket (at least someone won!).Happy Friday, fellow football fans! It's Tyler Sullivan here to get you to the weekend and help out with the Pick Six Newsletter yet again as our buddy John Breech enjoys his break before he gets to watch his make a bid this season. Honestly, I'm happy Breech was on vacation for last night's game because our kicker-loving fanatic might have straight-up quit if he was forced to watch .Of course, we'll get to all that happen in last night's tie and get you caught up on all the need-to-know news of the NFL in short order. Before we do, however, make sure you'reso that you are fully in the know throughout the upcoming season.Alright, let's get to it: Demarcus Robinson Jersey As I noted in the intro, it wasn't exactly the most thrilling way to start Week 2 of the preseason, but it did get underway Thursday night with an exhibition between the Browns and Eagles that ultimately resulted in an 18-18 tie. Neither nor played in this game, and they were both sorely mi sed. Zero touchdowns were scored in the first half, and while things did pick up a bit in the second half, it wasn't a mastercla s of offense. Jeff Kerr (who was at Lincoln Kendall Fuller Jersey Financial Field) and I had the duty of breaking down this gamel, and Kerr had multiple takeaways from the contest, including one bright spot on offense.Austin Watkins shines: " struggles again: It was also a poor showing for Browns kicker Cade York, who mi sed two field goals that would have put Cleveland ahead inside two minutes. The 2022 fourth-round pick said after the game that his confidence isn't shaken following these mi ses, however.To read Kerr's full takeaways from the matchup,If you like a Hail Mary, you've come to the right place. Our Jordan Dajani has been scouring through the odds on various futures for the 2023 season and has cooked up with an unlikely MVP, a Super Bowl winner, and a breakout Offensive Player of the Year who is currently 125/1. Here's a look at one of his top long-shot plays for the upcoming year.Most regular season receiving touchdowns: (+4000). " Ron Rivera , naming second-year quarterback Sam Howell the team's Week 1 starter. This decision comes after Rivera watched Howell in the preseason opener and throughout this week where he realized "Sam's our guy.""He basically met the challenge that we talked about, Christian Okoye Jersey and that was seeing the growth and improvement from OTAs and minicamp and then talked about going into training camp: continue to grow, show us what he's capable of, and we've been very pleased with it to the point where I decided yesterday that we were gonna name him the starter going into the regular season."Howell was a fifth-round pick of the Commanders in 2022 out of UNC. His lone start last year came in the regular season finale against Dallas when he was able to lead Washington to a 26-6 victory. In that game, Howell completed 11 of his 19 throws for 159 yards and a touchdown while rushing for 35 yards and another score. In the preseason opener against Cleveland last week, Howell was 9-of-12 for 77 yards and a touchdown. It's another jam-packed weekend of Jordan Lucas Jersey preseason football, which includes two games Friday, four nationally televised games Saturday, and a game apiece Sunday and Monday night. Our Jeff Kerr has combed through each one of these upcoming matchups and as they gear up for the regular season.What to watch for with (vs. on Fri. 7 p.m. ET, NFLN):What to watch for with (at on Sat. 10 p.m. ET, NFLN): What to watch for with Ravens (at Commanders on Mon. 8 p.m. ET, ESPN):The Jets continue to be a lightning rod throughout the summer, with plenty of folks intrigued with how far this team could go with now at the helm. One thing that could prove to be their demise, however, is the offensive line, which has been a bit spotty throughout the summer. The O-line on the most recent episode of "Hard Knocks" for its struggles against the during a joint practice.Of course, Rodgers was asked whether or not he has concerns about his line ."I don't get concerned about things I don't have a huge role in -- yet," Rodgers said. "That might change. At some point, I might say, 'Hey, I need the five who are going to be in there to be in there with me for a solid week,' but I don't think we're at that point ... because I don't think there are five guys that have earned those spots. So, I have some patience." Meanwhile, New York is ushering in its latest weapon in . The Pro Bowl back why he decided to join forces with Rodgers after the two had previously gone toe-to-toe as division rivals in the NFC North when he was with the and Rodgers was leading the ."Being on the other side of that for the last six years, you know, I couldn Damien Wilson Jersey 't be on the other side no more," Cook said. "I got the chance to go join them and help them win that was a big thing to come over here."Oh, you wanted even more news heading into the weekend? Say no more:
ymakerpi8d

Powrót do Pogaduchy