Chris Jones landing spots Chiefs All-Pro DT will not play We

Tutaj możemy swobodnie porozmawiać na temat gry.

Chris Jones landing spots Chiefs All-Pro DT will not play We

Postprzez ymakerpi8d » 8 mar 2024, o 05:12

defensive tackle is set to enter the final year of his four-year, $80 million contract, and he's made it clear how important securing his next deal is with his actions. Hethis offseason, did not report to training camp in the summer, and now will mi s Kansas City's Week 1 matchup with the Detroit Lions, .While Jones will not play Thursday night, he claimed Wednesday prior to a Chiefs philanthropic event that he could suit up if a deal got done in the eleventh hour."If a deal gets done, I can be out there tomorrow," Jones said,. "I can't really talk about it. Hopefully, we can get something worked out."Jones' holdout has become a major storyline around the , but the All-Pro defender went out of his way to say his intent was not to be a distraction. "It's always been my goal to be a Kansas City Chief for life," Jones said Wednesday, via . "I could've done a hold-in but that would've Zach Norvell Jr. Jersey been a distraction. Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone's got one and they all stink. ... You can't make everyone happy. ... I'm just asking for a raise." KC DE #95 previously reported that Jones is looking for a contract that will pay him $30 million annually. His current contract's average-per-year value of $20 million currently ranks as the ninth-highest among defensive tackles after extensions were signed this offseason by of the (four years, $96 million), of the (four years, $94 million), of the (four years, $90 million), of the (four years, $90 million), and of the 49ers (four years, $84 million).Last offseason, Kansas City was in a similar spot as All-Pro wide receiver wanted a new deal after watching his position's market skyrocket around the league. They ended up trading him to the in exchange for five draft picks. However, general manager Brett Veach said the team is operating differently in negotiations with Jones. "You have to keep in mind that when we did make that move with Tyreek, one of the determining factors was because there was an expected deal," Veach said. "And so, to do Tyreek there was a concern Zach Norvell Jersey of 'Would we be able to do Chris?' So that was a moment of time, and it was before the draft, that we hit the reset button. We're like, 'You know, it's really hard to trade a player the magnitude of Tyreek Hill. But we're following that up with someone just as significant and on the defensive side.Veach made his bottom line clear at the time: he wants Jones to play his entire career with the Chiefs."I think for all parties, I think the best resolution would be for Devon Dotson Jersey him to end his career as a Chiefs, get that financial security and for us do what we had set out to do, and that's to work through last offseason with this offseason in mind and get some young guys, which we did that, and then focus on this year and getting Chris done," Veach said. "Hopefully, we get his resolved, but we have no intentions of making a trade." Pick Six Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. Earlier this offseason, the four-time Pro Bowler and two-time Super Bowl champion declared he's , definitively stating he's going to be the top defender in 2023.Jones, 29, finished third in DPOY voting last season behind defensive end , who led the in sacks with 18.5 and co-led the league in quarterback pre sures with 90, and linebacker , who also co-led the league in quarterback pre sures with 90. Jones tied his career high in sacks with 15.5, the fourth most in the league, while ranking fifth in quarterback pre sures with 77 last season.In terms of the deal Jones is reportedly looking for, three-time DPOY winner and defensive tackle three-year, $95 million contract tops the interior defensive line market in both total value and average per year ($31.6 million). That appears to be the range that Jones is eyeing, as he is also among the league's best defensive linemen. Kansas City currently ranks last in the in cap space available for 2023 ($598,038), according to , but the Chiefs are projected to have $52.1 million in cap room available in the 2024 offseason, the Derrick Rose Jersey 11th-most in the entire league.The longer this holdout goes, however, the longer it would seem a trade is on the table. If the Chiefs ultimately decide they cannot meet Jones' demands and explore a trade, as they once did with Tyreek Hill, there should be suitors. Here are three particularly logical ones for the Pro Bowl defensive lineman:After drafting , the Texans have at least one building block for new coach ' defensive line. But Jones' interior presence would take Houston's front to another level, and they've got the long-term cap space -- a in both 2024 and 2025 -- to afford paying Jones like the elite starter he is. General manager Ryan Poles already spent lots on defensive upgrades this offseason, notably at linebacker. But if the focus really is on improving coach Matt Eberflus' preferred side of the ball, you can't do much better than Jones, whose ability to line up at tackle and end would instantly diversify their front. With $90.6M of available space in 2024, they've got money to spare.The Lions Cristiano Felicio Jersey did so much work upgrading their secondary this offseason that coach Dan Campbell is now . But what about some big-time help for in the trenches? Jones is the kind of difference-maker who'd be a premium cherry on top of an improved "D." And the Lions have a decent amount of cap space left in both 2023 ($19.4M), 2024 ($57.7M) and beyond.
ymakerpi8d

Powrót do Pogaduchy