Ben Roethlisberger hints ex-Steelers GM Kevin Colbert wanted

Tutaj możemy swobodnie porozmawiać na temat gry.

Ben Roethlisberger hints ex-Steelers GM Kevin Colbert wanted

Postprzez ymakerpi8d » 8 mar 2024, o 04:27

The are without as they enter 2022 training camp, marking the first time Joe Cardona Jersey in almost two decades that No. 7 hasn't been under center. And if it were up to recently retired general manager Kevin Colbert, who stepped down after the draft this spring, the star quarterback would've been gone at least a year earlier. Reflecting on his own retirement, Roethlisberger this week that Colbert wanted him to hang up the cleats prior to the 2021 season."It was mostly Kevin," Roethlisberger told Ron Cook, explaining management's preference to say farewell. "I think (coach) Mike (Tomlin) was a little ready to move on, but I think he was Troy Brown Jersey OK with me coming back. I think Mr. (Art) Rooney really wanted me to come back last year to play."Colbert, of course, helped the Steelers identify their next long-term QB (or so they hope) by drafting Pittsburgh's No. 20 overall this year. He previously oversaw a pay cut from Roethlisberger in 2021, which facilitated the veteran's return for an 18th NFL season. "I thought I went out on my terms," Roethlisberger added. "I never wanted to stay too long. I know some people might think I did. ... But I thought I played pretty well last year, to be honest. My arm feels like I still could go out and play. I'm pretty confident I could still play. But it's every day. It's mental. Not having to prepare for camp and the season has been the biggest ble sing for me. I'm fine with where I'm at with everything." Pick Six Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including Cody Davis Jersey partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Kendrick Bourne Jersey Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. Since retiring, Roethlisberger said he's stayed in touch with both Pickett and veteran addition , the current favorite to open 2022 as the starting QB. He told Cook he plans to watch the Steelers this season, likely from his home, and that his next big goal is reaching the Pro Football Hall of Fame, for which he'll first be eligible in 2027. "I did it for a long time," Roethlisberger said of his time in the NFL. "I know doing it for a long time doesn't mean that you get in, but, again, you look at the wins and lo ses. I think I did it at a high enough level for a long enough time that John Hannah Jersey I think it would be pretty cool to get in. It is a special thing. That is one special place and a special accomplishment."
ymakerpi8d

Powrót do Pogaduchy